WHY SWADDLE UP TRANSITION BAG?
AN EASIER TRANSITION = MORE SLEEP
AS SOON AS YOUR BABY STARTS SHOWING SIGNS OF TRYING TO ROLL, YOU MUST TRANSITION TO ARMS-FREE SLEEP.
Making the move from snug swaddling to 'arm-free' sleep can be unsettling for babies... and their parents!
The SWADDLE UP TRANSITION BAG enables you to zip off one wing at a time, allowing your baby to slowly adjust to 'arms free' sleep. A genius solution that will help you preserve your peaceful sleep routine.
The SWADDLE UP TRANSITION BAG helps your baby slowly and gently adjust to the change. Simply remove one zip-off wing at a time, for an easier transition to "arms-free' sleep.
HOW LONG WILL THE TRANSITION TAKE?
- Every baby is different. Some will transition in only 2-3 nights. Others take a little longer.
- Start during day sleeps only, or wait until your baby is sleeping before removing a wing first time.
- Patented zip-off wings
- A gentler way to help your baby graduate from swaddling.
- Converts to a snug sleep bag, maintaing the secure feeling of being swaddled.
- Certified hip-healthy design allows the recommended flexion for hips and legs.
- Single layer of breathable 360 degree stretch fabric may reduce the risk of over heating compared to multi-layered swaddles
- No velcro and no press studs/snaps for a safer, more comfortable sleep
- Wash before first use
- Close zipper before washing
- Warm gentle machine wash in bag with similar colours
- Pull into shape after washing, before tumble drying/line drying
- Tumble dry on low
- Any garment with a tog rating of 2.5 or higher - Tumble dry inside out on second cycle for quicker drying
- Warm iron if necessary
- Wash immediately after every use
- Do not soak or bleach garment, iron zip or dry clean
Select Right Size by Child Weight
*Ages, weights & child heights are approximate. For best fit result please select size according to your child’s weight, not their height or age. You must stop using SWADDLE UP™️ TRANSITION BAG with the wings attached when your baby shows signs of trying to roll & transition to 'arms free' sleep.
^ Size L and XL to be used without wings.
TOG stands for 'Thermal Overall Grade', which is a unit of measurement used to calculate the thermal insulation of a product, usually in the textile industry. Our sleep garments are given a TOG rating according to the warmth they provide. Basically, the higher the TOG, the warmer the product. Note, a higher TOG rating doesn’t necessarily mean a thicker garment.
To help parents understand which TOG values are right for differing room temperatures, a set of guidelines has been established as per below:
The table provides you with guidelines* around how to dress your baby based on the room temperature.
0.2 TOG - ideal for room temperatures between 24°C and 27°C
1.0 TOG - ideal for room temperatures between 20°C and 24°C
2.5 TOG - ideal for room temperatures between 16°C and 20°C
3.5 TOG - ideal for room temperatures below 16°C
Please Note: The table is only a guide. All babies are different. The number of clothing layers may vary according to a baby's health, their physiology and the room temperature in the room. The care-giver must determine what is suitable.
For more detailed guidelines please click here.
Note: It is important to check your baby regularly to ensure that they are comfortable and that they do not overheat. All garments are INPAA approved, as well as certified to the relevant safety standards applicable to those particular garments (AS/NZS: 1249:2014, BS 8510:2009) "Our SWADDLE UP™ & SWADDLE UP™ TRANSITION BAG/SUIT are certified hip-healthy by the "International Hip Dysplasia Institute". Their design allows hips & legs to move freely. Our LOVE TO DREAM SLEEP BAG™ and LOVE TO DREAM SLEEP SUIT™ are inherently hip-healthy due to their extra wide shape & garment construction.
These tables are only to be used as a guide. All babies are different. The number of clothing layers may vary according to a baby's health, their physiology & the temperature in the room. The care-giver must determine what is suitable.
This garment is intended to be used over pyjamas/pajamas.